Lake Ellis, Nithi Falls Excursion
Lake Ellis-Nithi Falls Excursion lie at the base of Mugi Hill on the eastern slopes of Mt Kenya. Lake Ellis is a piece of beauty to savor. It is located at an altitude of 3455m ASL and is the third largest of Mt. Kenya lakes. Yes, you read that right, Mt Kenya actually has over 20 lakes and tarns, with the largest being Lake Alice. The 28-acre lake has beautiful views and is a popular stopover camping site for Mt Kenya climbers using the Chogoria route.
We begin our journey from Nairobi at 4.15 am and drive towards Chogoria Park gate. The drive to our starting point will take us through some of the densest sections of Mt Kenya forest. From the starting point, we will hike through the forest while enjoying the beautiful views of the surrounding hills and the Mt Kenya peaks if the skies will be clear. We will first explore the majestic Nithi falls before hiking up to the moorland where the trail will take us to the stunning Lake Ellis, approximately 7km from the starting point. We will then proceed back to the gate and take the drive back to Nairobi. This is an experience you do not want to miss and you’re guaranteed to come back loaded with a feeling of fulfillment and excitement.
What to Wear and Carry During Lake Ellis-Nithi Falls Excursion
· Fleece marvin/hat or a baseball cap*
· Balaclava or scarf
· Warm hiking clothes (polyester t-shirt, hiking pants, fleece jacket)*
· Rain pants
· Comfortable waterproof hiking boots (should be one size bigger than your normal shoe size)*
· Waterproof gloves with fleece
In your backpack:
· Snacks such as biscuits, nuts, fruits, crisps, etc*
· At least 3 litres of water (use a water bladder or a reusable bottle). Disposable plastic bottles are not allowed inside parks.*
· Valid identification document.*
· A set of clothes to change into after the hike
· Sunglasses and sunscreen
· Hiking pole
NB: Items marked * are mandatory
Lake Ellis-Nithi Falls Excursion Charges
What is included
· Transport to the trail and back.
· Park entry charges for citizens and residents
· Professional and friendly guides
· Glucose and fruits
N/B: Our package excludes anything else not mentioned above.
Booking Lake Ellis-Nithi Falls Excursion
Book by paying at least Kes.2000 to M-Pesa buy goods till number 9754473 and clear the balance before departure.
Itinerary For Lake Ellis Hike
Meeting point: Opposite outside International House Kencom (Nairobi CBD)
4.00 am: Boarding opens
4.30 am: Departure for Chogoria Park gate.
10 am: Arrival at Chogoria gate starting point.
5 pm: Departure for Nairobi
Updates and Queries
For updates and queries about this event and others, join our community WhatsApp group here.
If for any reason you decide to cancel the ticket, the following applies
At least one week to the event: 100% refund.
At least 72hrs to the event: 50% refund.
Less than 72hrs to the event: No refund.
No shows: No refund