Kijabe Hike (Pro)
Kijabe Hike (pro) is a perfect place to set your first steps on your journey to the mountains. Kijabe Hike is a friendly trail that has several attractions that deviate you from the fatigue of taking a normal hike. The sunlight along the railway line is a good kick-start for your day, while the caves, hot springs, and tunnel give you a blend of the unique experience that nature could have while immersing into the mountain experience. It is a destination of various flora and fauna and an introduction of various terrains that mountains could have.
The hike starts at AIC Kijabe hospital, and cuts through a section of thickets to join the railway line passing by. It then moves along the railway line to the caves where we branch to a thick forest down to the caves. from the caves we approach the dark tunnel and later ascend to meet the railway we left. from there, the trail gets to a steep ascent, and atop the ascent is a viewpoint for beautiful landscapes behind as you enjoy a cool breeze from the strong blowing winds. the trail will end at the section where the forest begins, where we will go back to the starting point, covering an approximate 10km.
Approximate distance: 12km
Approximate time: 7 hrs
What to Wear and Carry During Kijabe Hike:
- Fleece Marvin/hat or a baseball cap
- Proper hiking clothes (polyester t-shirt, hiking pants, fleece jacket)
- Comfortable hiking boots (should be one size bigger than your standard shoe size)
In your backpack:
- Snacks such as biscuits, nuts, fruits, crisps, etc.
- At least 2 liters of water (use a water bladder or a reusable bottle). Disposable plastic bottles are not allowed inside parks.
- Valid identification document.
- A set of clothes to change into after the hike.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Hiking pole.
- Citizens/residents- Kes.2200
- Non-residents- $55
- Self-drive- Kes.1200
- East African (EA) Citizen: A native East African countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo) with valid identification documents or passport.
- Kenyan Resident: A person of another nationality residing in Kenya, and has a valid documentation from the Kenyan government.
N/B: The Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) recognizes the three categories using Identity Cards (IDs) and identification documents issued by a government. Ensure you identify yourself with the document you already hold.
What is included:
- Transport to the trail and back.
- Park entry charges for citizens and residents.
- Professional and friendly guides.
- Assorted fruits
- N/B: Our package excludes anything else not mentioned above.
Booking Kijabe Hike:
Book by paying at least Kes.1200 to M-Pesa Buy Goods Till number 9754473 (Hikers Arena Limited) and clear the balance on Friday, May 12, 2023.
Note: Booking closes on Thursday, May 11, 2023. BOOK EARLY!
Meeting point: Opposite outside International House Kencom (Nairobi CBD)
- 5:30 am: Boarding opens
- 5.45 am: Departure for AIC Kijabe
- 7.30 am: Arrival at AIC Kijabe
- 7:45 Hike starts
- 2.00 pm: Departure for Nairobi
N/B: The departure time is subject to the day’s team and could be earlier or later than estimated.
Convenience for Everyone:
Your food could be the other person’s poison.
🚫If you like music while hiking, carry earphones or headphones to listen at your volume and convenience.
🚫Smoking, alcohol and other non-prescribed drugs are not allowed during the hike.
✅While we have a list of what is needed above, we provide an extra liter of water to refill your valves, fruits, and glucose as part of the package. The fruits are clean but you should wash your hands and the fruits too to observe hygiene. Your health is paramount.
We value you and welcome you to the Arena. See you on the trails. See you on Saturday.
✅Wear your boot, especially if you have not for a while, and ascertain that it is still comfortable.
✅Take no vigorous or no exercises later than 2 days before the hike to reserve energy to carry you up the ascent.
✅Hydrate beyond often starting 3 days until the end of the hike.
✅Cut your toenails short for comfort in socks and the boot. When descending, you create a stronger grip, whose effect lasts on the toes. Doing this will make your experience more comfortable and memorable.
✅Ensure you stock your supplies the day before the hike, so we stop only for emergencies.
✅Empty your bowels before leaving in the morning.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If for any reason, you decide to cancel the ticket, the following applies;
- At least one week before the event: 100% refund.
- At least 72hrs to the event: 50% refund.
- Less than 72hrs to the event: No refund.
- No shows: No refund.