Ragia Falls Hike
Ragia forest circuit takes you to one of the most beautiful unspoiled forests in Kenya with a lot of biodiversity and lies within the larger Aberdare forest ecosystem. This amazing trek is a must-visit for anyone who enjoys immersing themselves in nature surrounded by beautiful trees and listening to the sound of birds chirping and rivers flowing. The trail starts at Sasumua Dam through Chinas camp gate. It proceeds through thick bamboo forest and down the valley into the waterfall and Mau Mau caves which were used as hiding places during the fight for independence by Mau Mau fighters. From the caves, the trail leads out of the forest through a forest road.
Approximate distance: 18km
Approximate time: 6-7hrs
Difficulty: Moderate to hard
What to wear and carry
· Fleece marvin/hat or a baseball cap*
· Balaclava or scarf
· Warm hiking clothes (polyester t-shirt, hiking pants, fleece jacket)*
· Rain pants
· Comfortable waterproof hiking boots (should be one size bigger than your normal shoe size)*
· Waterproof gloves with fleece
In your backpack:
· Snacks such as biscuits, nuts, fruits, crisps etc*
· At least 3 litres of water (use a water bladder or a reusable bottle). Disposable plastic bottles are not allowed inside parks.*
· Valid identification document.*
· A set of clothes to change into after the hike
· Sunglasses and sunscreen
· Hiking pole
NB: Items marked * are mandatory
What is included
· Transport to the trail and back.
· Park entry charges for citizens and residents
· Professional and friendly guides
· Glucose and fruits
N/B: Our package excludes anything else not mentioned above.
Book by paying at least Kes.1400 to M-Pesa buy goods till number 9754473 and clear the balance before departure.
Meeting point: Opposite outside International House Kencom (Nairobi CBD)
5.00 am: Boarding opens
5.30 am: Departure for Ragia Falls
8.00 am: Arrival at Ragia Forest
3.00 pm: Departure for Nairobi
Updates and Queries
For updates and queries, join our community WhatsApp group here
If for any reason you decide to cancel the ticket, the following applies
At least one week to the event: 100% refund.
At least 72hrs to the event: 50% refund.
Less than 72hrs to the event: No refund.
No shows: No refund