Mt. Kipipiri Hike
Mt Kipipiri Hike is located in Nyandarua County, Kenya, and is part of the Aberdare ranges ecosystem. The mountain has an elevation of 3360 meters above sea level and is a popular destination for hikers and nature enthusiasts. It is part of the Aberdare National Park, which is home to a diverse array of wildlife, including elephants, leopards, and buffalo. The park also features a variety of vegetation. The mountain and park are a popular destination for tourists and provide opportunities for activities such as hiking, birdwatching, and wildlife viewing.
Mt Kipipiri hike involves going up gently over a distance of 13km on one side and descending sharply on the other side over a 4km distance. Overall, hiking Mt Kipipiri is a rewarding and enjoyable experience that is suitable for anyone who loves the outdoors and is looking for a unique and memorable adventure.
Approximate distance: 17.5km
Approximate time: 7 hrs
What to Wear and Carry During Mt. Kipipiri Hike:
- Fleece Marvin/hat or a baseball cap
- Proper hiking clothes (polyester t-shirt, hiking pants, fleece jacket)
- Comfortable hiking boots (should be one size bigger than your standard shoe size)
In your backpack:
- Snacks such as biscuits, nuts, fruits, crisps, etc.
- At least 2 liters of water (use a water bladder or a reusable bottle). Disposable plastic bottles are not allowed inside parks.
- Valid identification document.
- A set of clothes to change into after the hike.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Hiking pole.
- Citizens/residents- Kes.3100
- Non-residents- $70
- Self-drive- Kes.1500
- East African (EA) Citizen: A native East African countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo) with valid identification documents or passport.
- Kenyan Resident: A person of another nationality residing in Kenya, and has a valid documentation from the Kenyan government.
N/B: The Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) recognizes the three categories using Identity Cards (IDs) and identification documents issued by a government. Ensure you identify yourself with the document you already hold.
What is included:
- Transport to the trail and back.
- Park entry charges for citizens and residents.
- Professional and friendly guides.
- Assorted fruits
- N/B: Our package excludes anything else not mentioned above.
Booking Mt. Kipipiri Hike:
Book by paying at least Kes.2000 to M-Pesa Buy Goods Till number 9754473 (Hikers Arena Limited) and clear the balance on Friday, July 7, 2023.
Note: Booking closes on Thursday, July 6, 2023. BOOK EARLY!
Meeting point: Opposite outside International House Kencom (Nairobi CBD)
- 4.15 am: Boarding opens
- 4.30 am: Departure for Geta Forest station
- 8.00 am: Arrival at Geta Forest station
- 8:20 am: Mt. Kipipiri hike starts
- 5.30 pm: Departure for Nairobi
N/B: The departure time is subject to the day’s team and could be earlier or later than estimated.
Convenience for Everyone:
Your food could be the other person’s poison.
🚫If you like music while hiking, carry earphones or headphones to listen at your volume and convenience.
🚫Smoking, alcohol and other non-prescribed drugs are not allowed during the hike.
✅While we have a list of what is needed above, we provide an extra liter of water to refill your valves, fruits, and glucose as part of the package. The fruits are clean but you should wash your hands and the fruits too to observe hygiene. Your health is paramount.
We value you and welcome you to the Arena. See you on the trails. See you on Saturday.
✅Wear your boot, especially if you have not for a while, and ascertain that it is still comfortable.
✅Take no vigorous or no exercises later than 2 days before the hike to reserve energy to carry you up the ascent.
✅Hydrate beyond often starting 3 days until the end of the hike.
✅Cut your toenails short for comfort in socks and the boot. When descending, you create a stronger grip, whose effect lasts on the toes. Doing this will make your experience more comfortable and memorable.
✅Ensure you stock your supplies the day before the hike, so we stop only for emergencies.
✅Empty your bowels before leaving in the morning.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If for any reason, you decide to cancel the ticket, the following applies;
- At least one week before the event: 100% refund.
- At least 72hrs to the event: 50% refund.
- Less than 72hrs to the event: No refund.
- No shows: No refund.
Inquiries and Updates;
For inquiries and updates, click here. We also recommend you join the Hikers Arena hiking community WhatsApp group to keep up to date with our activities and upcoming events.
- Mackinders Day Hike – Mt. Kenya
- Jul 22 2023
TimeThe departure time is subject to the day's team and could be earlier or later than estimated.
- All Day