Sleeping Warrior and Ugali Hill day Hike
Let’s go and explore one of the most beautiful hiking arenas in the Rift Valley. Sleeping Warrior and Ugali Hill lie at the heart of the Rift Valley, just off lake Elementaita. Sleeping Warrior hill resembles a warrior lying on the ground holding a shield while Ugali hill as you can already imagine, resembles a dish of Kenya’s favorite meal, Ugali. The hike starts at the shore of the pink lake and then proceeds to Sleeping Warrior where we take the steep ascent to the peak. From the peak, we take stock of the beautiful views of the surrounding country which includes clear views of the entire Lake Elementaita. We then descend to the other side and then go up Ugali hill before descending to the finishing point. The entire trail is approximately 14km making it doable for everybody. Altogether, the hike guarantees hikers a wonderful experience and sighting of numerous wildlife, birds, and the panoramic Lake Elementaita.
Approximate distance: 14km
Approximate time: 6-7hrs
Difficulty: Moderate to hard
What to wear and carry
· Fleece marvin/hat or a baseball cap*
· Balaclava or scarf
· Warm hiking clothes (polyester t-shirt, hiking pants, fleece jacket)*
· Rain pants
· Comfortable waterproof hiking boots (should be one size bigger than your normal shoe size)*
· Waterproof gloves with fleece
In your backpack:
· Snacks such as biscuits, nuts, fruits, crisps etc*
· At least 3 litres of water (use a water bladder or a reusable bottle). Disposable plastic bottles are not allowed inside parks.*
· Valid identification document.*
· A set of clothes to change into after the hike
· Sunglasses and sunscreen
· Hiking pole
NB: Items marked * are highly recommended
What is included
· Transport to the trail and back.
· Park entry charges for citizens and residents
· Professional and friendly guides
· Glucose and fruits
N/B: Our package excludes anything else not mentioned above.
Book by paying at least Kes.1200 to M-Pesa buy goods till number 9754473 and clear the balance before departure.
Updates and Inquiries
For important updates and inquiries, join our WhatsApp group here
Meeting point: Opposite outside International House Kencom (Nairobi CBD)
5.00 am: Boarding opens
5.30 am: Departure for Lake Elementaita.
8.00 am: Arrival at Lake Elementaita
3.00 pm: Departure for Nairobi
If for any reason you decide to cancel the ticket, the following applies
At least one week to the event: 100% refund.
At least 72hrs to the event: 50% refund.
Less than 72hrs to the event: No refund.
No shows: No refund