Seven Ponds Hike
The Seven Ponds hike explores the Northern Aberdare moorland region between the steep Table Mountain and Rurimeria. The trail traverses seven scenic and sizeable tarns in the moorland zone, and it is from them that the trail derives its name. The hike is the perfect dash for altitude for anyone looking for a challenge or prepping for a climb up Mt Kenya. The notoriously steep ascent tests your endurance but the views from the breathtaking summit make the whole experience unforgettable.
Approximate distance: 12km
Approximate time: 6-7hrs
What to wear and carry:
- Fleece marvin/hat or a baseball cap
- Balaclava or scarf
- Warm hiking clothes (polyester t-shirt, hiking pants, fleece jacket)
- Rain pants
- Comfortable waterproof hiking boots (should be one size bigger than your normal shoe size)
- Waterproof gloves with fleece
In your backpack:
- Snacks such as biscuits, nuts, fruits, crisps etc
- At least 3 litres of water (use a water bladder or a reusable bottle). Disposable plastic bottles are not allowed inside parks.
- Valid identification document.
- A set of clothes to change into after the hike
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Hiking pole
- Citizens/residents- Kes.3200
- Non-residents- $70
- East African (EA) Citizen: A native East African countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo) with valid identification documents or passport.
- Kenyan Resident: A person of another nationality residing in Kenya, and has a valid documentation from the Kenyan government.
N/B: The Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) recognizes the three categories using Identity Cards (IDs) and identification documents issued by a government. Ensure you identify yourself with the card you already hold.
What is included:
- Transport to the trail and back.
- Park entry charges for citizens and residents
- Professional, knowledgeable and friendly guides
- Glucose and fruits
N/B: Our package excludes anything else not mentioned above.
Booking Seven Ponds Hike:
Book by paying at least Kes.1200 to M-Pesa buy goods till number 9754473 and clear the balance before departure.
Meeting point: Opposite outside International House Kencom (Nairobi CBD)
- 4.30 am: Boarding opens
- 4.45 am: Departure for Mikeu Center
- 8.30 am: Arrival at Mikeu Center
- 3.30 pm: Departure for Nairobi
N/B: The departure time is subject to the day’s team and could be earlier or later than estimated.
Cancellation and Refund Policy;
If for any reason you decide to cancel the ticket, the following applies
- At least one week to the event: 100% refund.
- At least 72hrs to the event: 50% refund.
- Less than 72hrs to the event: No refund.
- No shows: No refund
Inquiries and Updates:
For inquiries and updates, click here.
We also recommend that you join Hikers Arena hiking community WhatsApp group to keep up to date with our activities and upcoming events.