Rurimeria hill lies in the Northern Aberdare circuit and is the third-highest peak after Satima and Kinangop. As a result, Rurimeria hike is one of the toughest trails owing to the high altitude and the steep ascents involved.
The trail starts at Geta Bush and quickly turns into a series of three steep ascents in succession which give you the impression of false summits. This only serves to make you extremely exhausted. The ascents finally usher you into the moorland zone, and from there, it’s a long walk on a flat ground up to the foot of Rurimeria hill, which rises from the flat moorland and stands high over the surrounding areas.
The moorland zone is extremely cold, and you must dress warmly even on a sunny day. The views from the Rurimeria hill peak make the exhausting climb worth every drop of sweat.
Approximate distance: 14km
Approximate time: 7-8hrs
What to wear and carry
- Fleece marvin/hat or a baseball cap.
- Proper hiking clothes (polyester t-shirt, hiking pants, fleece jacket).
- Raincoat/poncho Comfortable hiking boots (should be one size bigger than your normal shoe size).
In your backpack:
- Snacks such as biscuits, nuts, fruits, crisps, etc.
- At least 2 liters of water (use a water bladder or a reusable bottle). Disposable plastic bottles are not allowed inside parks.
- Valid identification document.
- A set of clothes to change into after the hike.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Hiking pole.
- Citizens/residents- Kes.3300
- Non-residents- $70
- Self-drive- Kes.1000
N/B: The Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) recognizes the three categories using Identity Cards (IDs). Ensure you identify yourself with the card you hold.
What is included
- Transport to the trail and back.
- Park entry charges for citizens and residents.
- Professional and friendly guides.
- Glucose and fruits.
N/B: Our package excludes anything else not mentioned above.
Booking Rurimeria Hike
Book by paying at least Kes.1400 to M-Pesa Buy Goods Till number 9754473 (Hikers Arena) and clear the balance on Friday 24th February.
Meeting point: Opposite outside International House Kencom (Nairobi CBD).
- 4.30 am: Boarding opens
- 4.45 am: Departure for Geta Bush.
- 8.30 am: Arrival at Geta Bush.
- 5.00 pm: Departure for Nairobi
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If for any reason, you decide to cancel the ticket, the following applies;
- At least one week before the event: 100% refund.
- At least 72hrs to the event: 50% refund.
- Less than 72hrs to the event: No refund.
- No shows: No refund.
Inquiries and Updates