Rurimeria Day Hike – Aberdares
On your journey to high mountains, there are times when you pause and wonder whether you were ready for the journey. however, the wanderer in you tells you its two steps then you go back, only to realize yourself so satisfied at the summit enjoying the beautiful landscapes and a mountain conquered. Rurimeria day is located at Geta Shopping center, where the trail begins with a gentle dash before hitting a notoriously steep ascent to the first false summit. At the top of the first peak, the view of the second peak hits you and until you are done with the third peak, the tough trail will keep discouraging you. There is hope once you get to the moorland when you can see the summit, which rejuvenates you to complete the 7.0km ascent. Rurimeria Peak is the third highest peak in Aberdares at 3860m ASL.
Approximate distance: 14km
Approximate time: 9 hrs
What to Wear and Carry During Rurimeria Hike:
- Fleece Marvin/hat or a baseball cap
- Proper hiking clothes (polyester t-shirt, hiking pants, fleece jacket)
- Comfortable hiking boots (should be one size bigger than your standard shoe size)
In your backpack:
- Snacks such as biscuits, nuts, fruits, crisps, etc.
- At least 2 liters of water (use a water bladder or a reusable bottle). Disposable plastic bottles are not allowed inside parks.
- Valid identification document.
- A set of clothes to change into after the hike.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Hiking pole.
- Citizens/residents- Kes.3300
- Non-residents- $70
- Self-drive- Kes.1500
- East African (EA) Citizen: A native East African countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo) with valid identification documents or passport.
- Kenyan Resident: A person of another nationality residing in Kenya, and has a valid documentation from the Kenyan government.
N/B: The Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) recognizes the three categories using Identity Cards (IDs) and identification documents issued by a government. Ensure you identify yourself with the document you already hold.
What is included:
- Transport to the trail and back.
- Park entry charges for citizens and residents.
- Professional and friendly guides.
- Assorted fruits
- N/B: Our package excludes anything else not mentioned above.
Booking Rurimeria Hike:
Book by paying at least Kes.2000 to M-Pesa Buy Goods Till number 9754473 (Hikers Arena Limited) and clear the balance on Friday, November 10, 2023.
Note: Booking closes on Thursday, November 9, 2023. BOOK EARLY!
Meeting point: Opposite outside International House Kencom (Nairobi CBD)
- 4.15 am: Boarding opens
- 4.30 am: Departure for Mikeu Center
- 8.30 am: Arrival at Mikeu Center
- 3.30 pm: Departure for Nairobi
N/B: The departure time is subject to the day’s team and could be earlier or later than estimated.
Convenience for Everyone:
Your food could be the other person’s poison.
🚫If you like music while hiking, carry earphones or headphones to listen at your volume and convenience.
🚫Smoking, alcohol and other non-prescribed drugs are not allowed during the hike.
✅While we have a list of what is needed above, we provide an extra liter of water to refill your valves, fruits, and glucose as part of the package. The fruits are clean but you should wash your hands and the fruits too to observe hygiene. Your health is paramount.
We value you and welcome you to the Arena. See you on the trails. See you on Saturday.
✅Wear your boot, especially if you have not for a while, and ascertain that it is still comfortable.
✅Take no vigorous or no exercises later than 2 days before the hike to reserve energy to carry you up the ascent.
✅Hydrate beyond often starting 3 days until the end of the hike.
✅Cut your toenails short for comfort in socks and the boot. When descending, you create a stronger grip, whose effect lasts on the toes. Doing this will make your experience more comfortable and memorable.
✅Ensure you stock your supplies the day before the hike, so we stop only for emergencies.
✅Empty your bowels before leaving in the morning.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If for any reason, you decide to cancel the ticket, the following applies;
- At least one week before the event: 100% refund.
- At least 72hrs to the event: 50% refund.
- Less than 72hrs to the event: No refund.
- No shows: No refund.
Inquiries and Updates;
For inquiries and updates, click here. We also recommend you join the Hikers Arena hiking community WhatsApp group to keep up to date with our activities and upcoming events.
- Mount Kinangop Day Trek
- Nov 25 2023
TimeThe departure time is subject to the day's team and could be earlier or later than estimated.
- All Day