Mount Kilimanjaro Mechame Ascent
Mount Kilimanjaro Mechame Ascent is the trek to the top of Africa and a culmination of weeks of preparation and a series of preparatory hikes that have built your stamina, sharpened your skills, and fueled your determination.
Picture this; crisp mountain air, the rhythm of your footsteps echoing, and the camaraderie of fellow trekkers making the whole trek lively, the sun kissing the glaciers and painting the horizon with exhilarating hues. You find that every step was worth it. Your journey isn’t just about conquering a physical summit; it’s about discovering the power within you, the resilience that keeps you pushing forward, and the beauty that lies at the top of the world, for we go to the mountaintops to see the world not for the world to see us (David McCullough Jr.). Guided by experienced mountaineers and supported by our team of experts, this expedition is designed to be both challenging and exhilarating. You will traverse diverse landscapes, from lush rainforests to rocky terrains, as you make your way to the iconic Uhuru Peak. Along the way, you’ll also see flora and fauna, gaze at a sky full of stars, and immerse yourself in the rich Tanzanian culture that surrounds Mount Kilimanjaro. Mount Kilimanjaro Mechame Ascent not only gives you a chance to stand on the roof of Africa but is also a testament to your determination, perseverance, and true spirit.
Welcome to the arena.
What to Wear and Carry During Mount Kilimanjaro Mechame Ascent
Each event in the acclimation calendar details the right attire to wear. We have a gear checklist here that provides the right gear when climbing Mount Kenya/Kilimanjaro.
- Citizens- Kes.78000
- Non-residents- USD2000
- Citizen: A native East African country (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo) with valid identification documents or passport.
- Non-resident: a person of another nationality visiting or living in Tanzania who is not an expatriate. TANAPA defines expatriates as “Individuals and their dependents living in Tanzania who must have either of the following documents: residents permit Class A, B or C; exemption certificate; temporary pass attached with Government receipt plus acknowledgment letter; and Diplomatic passport or ID.
What is Included During Mount Kilimanjaro Mechame Ascent
- Transport to the trail and back.
- All park entry charges.
- Bed and breakfast for 2 nights at Moshi, Tanzania.
- All meals on the mountain.
- Mountain ground rescue.
- Accommodation in tents and sleeping mattresses.
- Professional and friendly support team when hiking.
- On-demand support away from hiking trails.
- Guaranteed trek up and down.
- First aid
- Note: Our package excludes hiking gear, tips, personal insurance, and anything else not mentioned above.
Booking Mount Kilimanjaro Mechame Ascent
Book by paying at least Kes.10,000 to M-Pesa Buy Goods Till number 9754473 (Hikers Arena Limited 1) and clear the balance on Sunday, December 10, 2023.
Note: Booking closes on Sunday, December 10, 2023. BOOK EARLY!
✅Wear your boot, especially if you have not for a while, and ascertain that it is still comfortable.
✅Take no vigorous or no exercises later than 2 days before the hike to reserve energy to carry you up the ascent.
✅Hydrate beyond often, starting 3 days until the end of the hike.
✅Cut your toenails short for comfort in socks and the boot. When descending, you create a stronger grip, whose effect lasts on the toes. Doing this will make your experience more comfortable and memorable.
✅Ensure you stock your supplies the day before the hike so we stop only for emergencies.
✅Empty your bowels before leaving in the morning.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If, for any reason, you decide to cancel the ticket, the following applies;
- At least two weeks before the event: 100% refund.
- At least one week to the event: 50% refund.
- Less than a week to the event: No refund.
- No shows: No refund.